The Crowd Crowd meetup
Researchers from Berkeley, Microsoft, MIT, Santa Cruz, Stanford, and Wisconsin gathered together on Monday June 6 in Berkeley. The goal of the meeting was to bring together people interested in crowd sourcing from a data management perspective in order to exchange ideas and experiences in this exciting new field and maybe at the end of the day to outline a research agenda.
For more details, please refer to the Crowd Crowd website.
- DB seminar 12/02/11, 12:30 – Michael Carey: Towards a Scalable, Semistructured Data Platform for Evolving World Models
- DB seminar 11/18/11, 12:30 – Jignesh Patel: Implications of Evolving Hardware Trends: Towards Energy-Conscious Main-Memory Data Processing
- 11/04/11, 12:30 – Carlo Zaniolo: Query Languages & Systems for Continuous Analytics and Data Mining: the Stream Mill Experience
- DB seminar 10/28/11, 12:30 – Anastasia Ailamaki: Scaling up database transactions
- DB seminar 10/21/11, 12:30 – John Wu: Parallel Index and Query for Large Scale Data Analysis