Awards for Data in the First Mile
Kuang Chen, Akshay Kannan and Andrea Spillman were honored as second-place winners in the CITRIS Big Ideas competition for 2011 for their proposal for “Data in the First Mile: The Case for Shreddr and paper-based data collection”. Kuang published a paper on the subject in CIDR 2011, where he also received the 2nd place award for “Outrageous Ideas and Vision”.
Congrats to Kuang, Akshay and Andrea!
- DB seminar 12/02/11, 12:30 – Michael Carey: Towards a Scalable, Semistructured Data Platform for Evolving World Models
- DB seminar 11/18/11, 12:30 – Jignesh Patel: Implications of Evolving Hardware Trends: Towards Energy-Conscious Main-Memory Data Processing
- 11/04/11, 12:30 – Carlo Zaniolo: Query Languages & Systems for Continuous Analytics and Data Mining: the Stream Mill Experience
- DB seminar 10/28/11, 12:30 – Anastasia Ailamaki: Scaling up database transactions
- DB seminar 10/21/11, 12:30 – John Wu: Parallel Index and Query for Large Scale Data Analysis