Berkeley has led database systems research for over a quarter century. As data has become increasingly central to computing and society, our group’s charter and collaborations have expanded. Our research covers new challenges in data management, as well as data-centric approaches to diverse areas including distributed systems, programming languages, statistical computation, human computing and interaction, and technology for developing regions.
- DB seminar 12/02/11, 12:30 – Michael Carey: Towards a Scalable, Semistructured Data Platform for Evolving World Models
- DB seminar 11/18/11, 12:30 – Jignesh Patel: Implications of Evolving Hardware Trends: Towards Energy-Conscious Main-Memory Data Processing
- 11/04/11, 12:30 – Carlo Zaniolo: Query Languages & Systems for Continuous Analytics and Data Mining: the Stream Mill Experience
- DB seminar 10/28/11, 12:30 – Anastasia Ailamaki: Scaling up database transactions
- DB seminar 10/21/11, 12:30 – John Wu: Parallel Index and Query for Large Scale Data Analysis